- 2020: founded the law firm Joslove Digital Law, built upon his prior experiences and dedicated to digital law.
- July 2018 – December 2019: Vice President and General Counsel EMEA at C3.ai, Paris, France. He was in charge of all legal matters in the EMEA region for C3.ai, a leading supplier of AI, IoT and big data applications. His principal activities were to negotiate digital transformation, PaaS, SaaS, software services and other agreements with customers and suppliers and to handle all data protection matters.
- January 1994 – June 2018: partner at Franklin Law Firm (formerly Salès Vincent & Associés), Paris, France. He created the TMT Department of the Firm and advised a French and international clientele with respect to digital transformation / AI / ML projects, data privacy and security, IT, outsourcing, e-commerce, telecoms, IP and encryption / export control legal issues.
- August 1989 – December 1993: associate at Salès Vincent & Associés, Paris, France. He had a general corporate/business law practice and built his experience in IT law.
- August 1986 – July 1989: associate at Baker McKenzie, Washington, D.C. He practiced international trade law.
- 1986: Harvard Law School – J.D.
- 1983: Universities of Kansas & Bordeaux – B.A. Political Science.
- 2020: Massachusetts Institute of Technology – MIT Certificate of Completion of online course on Digital Transformation: From AI and IoT to Cloud, Blockchain and Cybersecurity.
- 2020: Coursera – Certificate of Completion of online course on Machine Learning for Business Professionals.
ARTICLES AND SPEECHES
Beyond publishing a quarterly TMT newsletter while at Franklin, Mr. Joslove has written many articles and is a regular speaker at conferences all over the world. Recent examples include:
- Spoke on best contracting practices in smart infrastructure projects at the November 2019 Global Leaders Forum Conference in London
- Spoke on the topic “Are the GDPR restrictions on profiling compatible with the development of AI and Machine Learning?” at the June 2018 IFLCA Conference in Paris
- Organized with IRPA and spoke at a March 2018 conference in Paris on the topic of “Automation, AI & Digital Innovation”
- Spoke on French Encryption Controls at the October 2017 C5 Global Export Controls Forum held in Amsterdam
- Spoke on “What Indian Companies Need to Know about the GDPR” at the February 2017 ITEchLaw International India Conference held in New Delhi
- Author of the chapter on France in the 2017 edition of “Getting the Deal Through — E-Commerce”
- Spoke on “The Balance between Privacy and Security – The View from France” at the 2016 ITechLaw Annual Conference in Miami
- Spoke on the impact of data protection on M&A deals and due diligence at the 4th Annual IBA European Corporate and Private M&A Conference held in Paris in 2016
- Led a workshop on “RiskE Contracts – Are your B2C Website T&Cs Enforceable in other Jurisdictions?” at the November 2016 Conference of ITechLaw held in Madrid
- Moderated a panel on “Promoting, Selling and Delivering Goods and Services Over the Internet” at the 2016 Meeting of the International Section of the New York State Bar Association held in Paris
- Led a hot topic discussion on “Wearable Technology” at the October 2015 IBA Annual Conference held in Vienna
- Spoke on a panel concerning “The Right to be Forgotten” at the January 2015 India Conference of ITechLaw held in Bangalore
- Co-author of the article “Google, ce colosse à la mémoire d’argile” (Google, a Giant with Clay Memory) published in the October 2014 edition of the legal review, Expertises